VICTORY OVER PRIDE & FALL
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRAYER
This prayer is for those who want to overcome the grevious sin called pride. Pride manifests itself in our lives through selfishness, self-pity, self-love and the quest for recognition, position, power and all forms of self-centredness. Pride is also sometimes (not always) found in more subtle forms in people who need to feel significant, who give misguided importance to feelings of self-worth and self-image. Pride reaches its extreme when people start seeing themselves as gods and start acting that way. Pride is putting yourself on the throne. Pride thinks it is better than others and looks down on the values and abilities of others.
When someone is proud, he seeks to be acknowledged at all times. The proud person shows different emotions when not acknowledged; anger, criticism about the lives of others, feelings of unfair treatment and this gives way to bitterness, jealousy and self-pity, that causes actions that will hurt people, and all kinds of negative behaviour.
Pride caused the fall of Satan? He wanted to be like God. Isaiah 14:12-15. Deep down most of us want something similar. We want to be on top, important, the best – and everybody must know it. But Pride is one of the deadliest sins that God detests the most. That is why we need to cry to God to deliver us from pride by the power of the Holy Ghost because we cannot do it on our own. Pray this prayer with all your heart and the Lord will deliver you, in the name of Jesus
Proverbs 11:2 – [When] pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly [is] wisdom.
Proverbs 16:5 – Every one [that is] proud in heart [is] an abomination to the LORD: [though] hand [join] in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
Proverbs 29:23 – A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
Proverbs 16:18 – Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
James 4:6 – But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Philippians 2:3 – [Let] nothing [be done] through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Proverbs 8:13 – The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Prov. 6: 16-17 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood…
CONFESSION: I will cry unto God most High; unto God that perform all things for me- Psalm 57:2
- My Father, I thank you because today the seed of pride in me will be uprooted forever, in the name of Jesus.
- Thank you Lord because you promised to answer me when I call upon you, in the name of Jesus
- I honour you today because you will uproot pride from my life, in the name of Jesus
- I bless you Father for you will clothe me with the garment of humility today, in the name of Jesus.
- Thank you Lord because I will gain the victory over pride today, in the name of Jesus
- My Father, please have mercy upon me today, in the name of Jesus.
- Please Lord, forgive me for the sin of pride, in the name of Jesus
- Lord in your mercy, please blot out my transgression, in the name of Jesus
- Mercy of the living God, overshadow my life today, in the name of Jesus
- Dependable God, have mercy upon me and terminate pride in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Divine bulldozer, bulldoze and uproot the root and seed of pride and arrogance in me, in the name of Jesus.
- Whatsoever that is watering the pride in my life, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, swallow the root and seed of pride in me, in the name of Jesus.
- Hand of God, terminate every attitude of pride in me, in the name of Jesus.
- Power of God, please humble me for your glory, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, open the floodgate of humility into my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Thunder of God, locate every external forces propelling pride in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Rain of humility, you are the rain of grace, my life is available, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, please restore all I have lost due to pride and arrogance, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, I thank you because you have heard my prayers, in the name of Jesus.